As part of my photoblog overhaul I’m going to introduce regular features. Rather than just showcasing my own work I want to incorporate other things like features on wedding suppliers (caterers, planners, florists etc). Another regular feature I’m going to run is Weird Wedding Wednesday. Every Wednesday I will post something that I think is Weird, Quirky, Original and Interesting (wedding related, obviously!!) If you have seen anything that could fit the bill please drop me an email and I’ll try my best to add it in.
This week I can think of nothing better than to kick off with a Weird Royal Wedding themed feature in the run up to the marriage of Kate Midleton and Prince William. Although I’m not too fussed about the upcoming hype surrounding the Royal Wedding (I have the much more exciting RAF Wedding of Katie and James on the 30th) the merchandise I have seen on the web has made my jaw drop. Here are my top weirdest Royal Wedding Souvenirs:
1. Kate and Will PEZ dispenser. The reason this made the top of my list is not because of the uncanny lifelike/lifeless expressions but because they sold for over £8,000!! I mean, come on people, 8 grand! Seriously, it would need to dispense more than sweets to be worth that.
2. New Balance have produced these limited edition Kate and Will shoes. I wonder if he will wear them down the aisle?
3. The Crown Jewels These made me hardcore laugh when I saw them. Check the side of the box, it says “Lavishly Lubed, Regally Ribbed”. I think I saw the slogan somewhere – ‘lie back and think of England‘.
4. This Will and Kate Mug is being sold as a Royal Wedding Souvenir, but hang on, that’s Harry! I don’t know if it’s a piss take but Guandong Enterprises are still selling it. Brilliant, I may have to buy one.
5. I’ve seen some crazy nail decorating before, but nothing compares to this. You can pick these Royal Wedding Nail Decals up in some Westminster Souvenir shop.
6. Personally I would not want to see this on my fridge when I come down for my midnight food raid. I would hate to think what the cost of this Glen Dimplex Home Appliances badboy is, although I think the ice should have come from their mouths – now that would’ve been a nice design touch.
7. Everyone’s getting on board, even Neals Yard have a Royal Romance massage oil.
8. Papa John’s are saying “I Dough” to the Royal wedding with this, umm, interesting looking Pizza. “Mmmmm, Kate you’re so tasty…”
9. Kate and Will gardening gloves. Don’t really need to say to much on this one, just Bizarre.
10. Tack-tack-tacky for the last in my list. Although it’s no free days for me, just work, work, work…
Thanks for looking, remember to keep checking back every Wednesday for my next Weird Wedding Wednesday.
Thanks to Beauty Lish & Zoomers